1. Watched on Milb-tv yesterday Drew Anderson pitch a strong game to pick up his first win for Lakewood against Lexington. He went 5.2 innings giving up a run on four hits, striking out 7 and walking only one. His fastball was clocked at 91-92 mph. Looks like a prospect in the making.
2. Like the clutch hitting by Lakewood’s catcher Deivy Grullon. He hit a long tape measure two run home run over the bleachers in left to provide the winning margin for his first SAL home run. Saw him hit his only GCL home run last year at Roberts Field that saved Roy Halladay from a loss that day on his rehab assignment.
3. Ulises Joaquin came on for a four out save in the first game for Lakewood. He ended the game on a 94 mph fastball and a curve ball to strikeout the final batter.
4. Like what I saw of Threshers’ Colin Kleven in his Wednesday start. Though he was taken out after 3.2 innings, he pitched well giving up only one run. Ramon Oviedo came over from extended spring and pitched two shutout innings before being send back.
5. Harold Martinez continues to hit for the Threshers with his fifth, two-hit game over his last 9 games but has limited range at third.
6. The Threshers can’t hit or run. The are last in the FSL in hitting at .218 and are last in stolen bases, stealing only 10 bases in 20 attempts. Oh and they are last in team ERA and average an error a game, Now you know what the problems are.